Tuesday, 12 September 2017

Jackets Are Weird Or Maybe I Am

Exhibit A


It's a coat and jacket thing.

Just over a year ago I was sat in the same hotel in the same city, coming to the same conclusion.

I had brought my favourite green army jacket with me on my city sojourn, because it was warm, lightweight, practical and I loved it. Four days later when I got home, I could no longer stand that bloody jacket and I donated it to a thrift store.

Fast forward to this year and I brought my favourite plaid, fur collared jacket with me and the moment I get home, it's going into the donation bag.


Exhibit B


Weird! Four days ago I loved it. But now, I can't stand the sight of the damn thing. It makes me feel frumpy, fat and middle aged beyond belief.

Why is this? I don't think it can be from over wearing as I don't feel the same about my black jeans which I wear all the live long day. All I know is I am also dying to get home, into my wardrobe and cull not only my middle aged jacket, but a fair few other items. I don't know what's brought this on, for the second time, but the jacket and a lot of other froufrou things have to go.


Answers on a postcard please readers.

1 comment:

  1. If you have items with you that you are going to dispose of when you get home find a homeless person and give your jacket or other items to them.
    Cheers CW

    ReplyDelete